- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000
- Available in Sale: 500,000,000
- Hard Cap: $25 million for 50%
- Market Cap: $50 million
- Token Type: ERC-20
- Ticker: VLD
- Pre-Sale: 160 million VLD at 25% discount, sold out
- Whitelist: No whitelist. KYC checks taking place after ICO is over and rejected investors will be refunded
- Public Sale Live: February 24, 2018 at 12:00 UTC. Ends March 17th or when hard cap reached
- Weekly Bonuses: 20% during first 24 hours, 15% during following week, then 10% for second week
- Volume Bonuses: 25% off first 20 million tokens sold
- Token Distribution Date: Roughly April 2018, check website for details.
- Website: https://valid.global/
Val:ID, or Valid, is a project that is aiming to decentralize personal identification and data ownership through providing people with an encrypted Valid Wallet. The wallet will store all their personal information and data on the blockchain, such as a driving licence, e-government ID, medical records and more. Users can also choose to sell their data in an open marketplace in reward for VLD tokens, whilst data consumers can put out requests for specific data sets that they want to purchase.
- Puts individuals back in control of their data to increase privacy, whilst also reducing fraud. Will also result in highly targeted advertising for businesses.
- Working e-government digital ID platform called eID+ already being implemented in parts of Switzerland.
- Protocol agnostic platform can incorporate other digital identity solutions, so success of the project is not solely tied to Valid's eID+ government ID platform.
- VLD tokens have utility in the form of transactions on the data marketplace, as well as for purchasing premium services such as analytical tools, so will appreciate in value if the project is successfully adopted.
- Data marketplace still in early stages of development. Since this is the main source of token utility and appreciation, it's the most important aspect of the project from an investment perspective. That said, once users begin using the Valid Wallet the platform will become attractive to advertisers, so we don't see this as a big problem as long as the team deliver.
- KYC deadline is 18th April, so tokens will not be distributed until the verification of investors is complete. This long lock up time makes the project less attractive for flipping.
- Quite a competitive market with projects that have both a larger market cap e.g. Civic, and a smaller e.g. Selfkey. Could be a pro or con depending on the relative value of Valid compared with these projects.
Disclaimer: Readers should do their own research before investing funds in any company, cryptographic asset or piece of equipment. CoinDrift shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services mentioned in this article.