Sparkster ICO Key Info & Token Metrics
- Total Supply: 435,000,000
- Available in Sale: 67% of total supply
- Hard Cap: $30 million
- Market Cap: ~$45 million
- Token Type: ERC-20
- Ticker: SPARK
- Conversion Rate: 4650 SPARK: 1 ETH
- Pre-Sale: Yes, but now closed
- Whitelist: Yes, 25% of public sale allocated through lottery – sign up here. 75% allocated through Proof of Love via rewards referral program.
- Public Sale Live: June- July, 2018
- Weekly Bonuses: N/A
- Volume Bonuses: N/A
- Token Distribution Date: 2 weeks after crowdsale
- Website: https://sparkster.me/
Sparkster are building a platform to enable people with no knowledge of coding to build custom decentralized applications, or DApps. Through an intuitive drag-and-drop styled interface, individuals and businesses can build their own DApps with plain english commands rather than complex coding languages. They are essentially trying to be what Wordpress is to building websites for creating DApps. The ecosystem will be powered by the Sparkster Decentralized Cloud, which aims to enable Smart Software to be executed at high speeds for a comparatively lower cost than legacy systems. The cloud in turn will be be powered through utilizing latent processing power on mobile devices and computers, enabled through users simply installing a mining App. SPARK tokens will facilitate the exchange of compute and storage between buyers and sellers.
- Sparkster is interoperable with other blockchains, with DApps built on the platform already able to interact with Ethereum and IOTA. NEO, Cardano and Stellar are also in the pipeline.
- Should reduce costs of running cloud based software because companies and individuals do not have to anticipate future demand and add cloud servers accordingly, but pay per transaction on the network. The actual cost of the service is also lower because the Decentralized Cloud runs on latent processing power from devices around the world, meaning overheads are almost non-existent. However, we could not find any useful details or figures in the whitepaper about the possible savings.
- Developing simple software on the Sparkster platform should also be an order of magnitude cheaper as you do not need to spend time learning to code or hiring expensive developers.
- Sparkster differs from a lot of projects out there in that the company itself actually has a revenue model whereby individuals and companies can subscribe for different software building packages. This will help fund continued development.
- A P2P marketplace enables developers to sell their custom software to other developers, who can then integrate it into their own applications. This only adds more value to the entire ecosystem.
- Two significant partnerships with industrial sensor and gateway distributor Libellium to enable software built on Sparkster to interact with sensors, and with computer chip giant ARM to enable programming of IoT devices with Sparkster.
- Sparkster intends to overcome the scalability hurdle by enabling sharding into private cells that do not share a unified consensus, meaning transactions can be processed in parallel across cells. The more cells there are, the more TPS, with the limiting factor being the number of miners. Sparkster have already shown 50,000 TPS in a live demo, with a hefty target of 10 million on the roadmap.
- No one has cracked a robust, multi-purpose, drag and drop programming interface on the centralised web, despite probably a decade of trying. The ones that do exist still require programming knowledge because that's the nature of programming, whilst others are limited to educational use cases e.g. Google Blockly. Decentralizing the process does not solve this fundamental problem. That said, Sparkster is designed to cater for the average person's demands, which often won't stray outside of simple designs and functions. Even so, we don't believe the Sparkster use case is as big as the marketing leads you to believe.
- The free transaction limit that comes with each subscription plan before transaction fees are charged seems a bit low, with the most premium Enterprise plan featuring a max limit of only 250 before fees set in.
- Sparkster are essentially providing private blockchains to businesses and individuals, which means they cut out any use cases provided by public distributed ledgers.
- There is currently no GitHub available for the project so we cannot assess the code. However, this is likely due to the fact that Sparkster are waiting for patents for their technology. We hope to see a GitHub put out in the near future.
- 10 million transactions per second is a big target. Whilst the team have already demonstrated 50,000 TPS in a simulated environment with only 50 cells, there could be unforeseen issues when running real loads.
- Decentralized cloud computing & processing is highly competitive with many high profile projects working on it e.g. Golem, Sohm, Hypernet etc. This could limit adoption of the Sparkster Cloud to users of the platform.
50,000 TPS Live Demonstration
Disclaimer: Readers should do their own research before investing funds in any company, cryptographic asset or piece of equipment. CoinDrift shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services mentioned in this article.