Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us – Coindrift.io
Who Are We?
Coindrift.io is a comprehensive resource that aims to provide high quality information on all aspects of cryptocurrency. Through market insights, ICO analysis and beginners guides, we strive to produce useful content for seasoned crypto investors, as well as those just breaking into the industry. In no way should our content be considered financial advice. Find out more about our services by reading our Terms & Conditions.
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Information you provide us with – When you subscribe to our email list we collect name, email and date of birth. When you leave a comment on our site we collect your name and email. If you fill out our contact form we will collect the fields you fill out, which include name, email, company (optional), subject and your message. This data is stored in order to improve your experience using the site, or for you to receive marketing materials that you sign up for.
Information automatically collected about you – When you browse our website, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example signing up for emails; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (browsing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of services provided;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you email newsletters, updates and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save the information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
However, we cannot guarantee absolute security of information. If a data breach does occur, we will notify you and any necessary authorities.
5. Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
7. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence. We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
8. Email Information and Policies
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone. This also applies when you sign up through any of our forms using your email address.
We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, government agency, or company at any time unless strictly compelled to do so by law.
We will use your e-mail address solely to provide information, updates, news and other correspondence from Coindrift.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
You have the choice to opt out of any email communications by following the guidelines at the bottom of each email.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
9. Questions & Contact
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org