Atonomi ICO Analysis | Security Infrastructure for the Internet of Things
Antonomi ICO Key Info
- Total Supply: 1,000,000,000
- Available in Sale: 50%
- Hard Cap: $25 million
- Market Cap: $50 million
- Token Type: ERC-20
- Ticker: ATMI
- Pre-Sale: No
- Whitelist: Closed, KYC process active
- Public Sale Live: ~ end of May, but could be delayed due to heavily subscribed whitelist
- Weekly Bonuses: TBA
- Volume Bonuses: TBA
- Token Distribution Date: TBA
- Website: https://atonomi.io
The internet of things (IoT) is set to grow dramatically in the next few years, but lack of adequate security is currently a major hurdle prohibiting safe industry expansion. Atonomi are aiming to provide a solution by building a security protocol and infrastructure to enable trusted interoperability between IoT devices. This will be achieved through giving devices an immutable identity on the blockchain, as well as a reputation protocol to monitor, assess and discover bad actors.
- Very strong team consisting of several leaders from the IoT security industry, as well as crypto experts and developers from successful blockchain projects.
- Atonomi's parent company Centri Technology is an established IoT security provider with major partners including Arm, Flex, Microsoft and Intel, so is extremely well positioned in the market.
- Centri have already developed successful IoT security software, so there is a good chance they will deliver with Atonomi.
- Token has utility in the platform through tokenizing identity, incentivizing network participation and transactions. Thus, it should appreciate in value as usage of the network increases.
- Working product already released. Beta network launched in May with SDK on GitHub to enable developers to connect IoT devices to the Atonomi Network and a quick start guide on how to implement the technology.
- Many big projects are targeting the IoT market, most notable are IOTA - a top ten market cap coin- and VeChain. However, the focus of IOTA is on value transactions and VeChain on supply-chain management, rather than security. So they are not currently in direct competition. That said, there is no telling how they could develop in the future. Furthermore, there was a recent ICO for Hyundai-backed Hdac who are targeting both M2M transactions and security through authentication, so competition is strong.
- Success of the project is heavily dependant on predictions about the IoT coming true. Although, whilst there is currently a lot of speculation in the field, IoT devices and usage are growing exponentially - think Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Tesla and other internet connected vehicles etc.
Disclaimer: Readers should do their own research before investing funds in any company, cryptographic asset or piece of equipment. CoinDrift shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services mentioned in this article.